Back in June I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Dolls By The Dozen, and with everything I had going on, I totally missed it! So I’m a little late to the party, but better late than never, right?
So the gist is to answer 11 questions and then come up with 11 questions to ask 11 people who I nominate. Since I was so late getting to this, I’m not going to nominate anyone but instead, leave it open to anyone who wants to do it. I’m sure most of the people I regularly would nominate have already done it, but there are probably others who’d love to give it a try!
The questions I had to answer are as follows:
- What’s your favorite post you’ve ever done on your blog?
- What’s your favorite photography tip?
- What season is your favorite? (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Do you play an instrument? Which one?
- Do you like to cook or bake? What’s your favorite thing to make?
- What’s your dream doll? (Custom, retired, available, leaked are options)
- Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- Do you prefer things you craft or things you save up to buy?
- What’s your favorite bible verse?
- What’s your favorite school subject?
So here goes. Some of these I had to really think about and others were really easy. Thanks again Christina for nominating me!
- What’s your favorite post you’ve ever done on your blog? This was one of the hard ones, but “The Protest” is probably my favorite. It’s kind of bittersweet though because I had a huge falling out with the person who inspired me to do it afterwards, and we no longer speak. 😦 Some of the bad Ebay ones were close runners up, I don’t remember the last time I laughed so hard as I wrote something.
- What’s your favorite photography tip? Take two shots of everything–one with flash, one without flash! I sometimes see photos where the person tried to rely totally on natural light, and it flops. Don’t be afraid to use the flash! I take two photos of most of my shots, and then once I pull them up on the computer screen, decide which one looks better. I get that natural light is always better, but it doesn’t always work. Fill flash is your friend!
- What season is your favorite? (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) Fall, but I hate what follows it. (I don’t like snow)
- Do you play an instrument? Which one? Yes, actually several. I started out with flute, but then also learned the piano, piccolo, baritone horn and tuba! I dabbled with guitar too, was too busy to make a go of it, but I’m still tempted to try it again. (now you know why we have so many instruments and musical girls here!)
- Do you like to cook or bake? What’s your favorite thing to make? I wouldn’t say I like to cook or bake, but if I have to choose one, it would be cook. My favorite thing to make–anything that involves chocolate and/or peanut butter! I have a peanut butter pie that uses a no-bake cookie crust that is to die for.
- What’s your dream doll? (Custom, retired, available, leaked are options) Alya is actually my dream doll, I was so excited when I came across her on Ebay!!
- Where would you like to go if you could go anywhere? I still want to go to China. And Scotland. And Italy. And Switzerland. I couldn’t choose just one.
- What do you want to do when you grow up? Since I’m already grown up (or am I?), I’ll have to pick what I’d do if I had it to do over again and was just starting out. I think I would enjoy being a history professor!
- Do you prefer things you craft or things you save up to buy? This is actually a hard question since I do a lot of crafting. I’d have to lean towards that because it does give you a tremendous amount of satisfaction when you finish a craft project and it’s turned out well.
- What’s your favorite bible verse? Psalm 118:24 “This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.”
- What’s your favorite school subject? Band. Does that qualify as a subject? My best memories from school are from the many, many hours involved in several different band related groups and activities. If I have to choose a regular subject, it would be math. No, not history–we had the world’s lamest history classes.
I’m going to use the same 11 questions that were posed to me since I thought they were really good ones! If you decide to give it a try, please let me know in the comments section with a link to your post.